From:
Stephen Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:27:19 -0400
Kirk--

I think I can keep my archival digitization process under 87 pages. Here
goes:

 Simply put, scan images at 600 dpi, full color, uncompressed TIFF. Most
of my digitized images in TIFF come in around 120MB each. Make sure you
have the RAM and ROM to run the apps, and view and store the TIFF files.
The standards I use are based on those employed by Yale University and
Rutgers University (and possibly others, but I consulted with these 2
before I started my scanning projects.)

Stephen Cohen
Records Manager
MetLife \ Legal Affairs
27-01 Queens Plaza North
Long Island City NY 11101
212-578-2373

"Kirk Petersen" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: "Records Management Program" <[log in to unmask]>
04/02/2008 12:15 PM
Please respond to
"Records Management Program" <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: Basic Advice on Archival Digitization Project

Primarily images and text documents--nothing specialized.  --kirk