From:
Kirk Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:35:03 +0000
I was the guy who started this thread.
Wow, what a learning experience!  I got what I wanted--and more.  Thanks to everyone for contributing.
In essence, the most important thing I learned was stated by Jesse in another thread:
"The best you can do today in my opinion is to select good quality media, use standard media types and file formats, store them in reasonably stable environments, and plan and budget for migration every 5-10 years. It's an ugly solution, but it's better than about anything else readily available today."
That seems sound.

--kirk