From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2008 12:36:20 -0400
okay guys

vendors have always been welcomed to the list. Now is the item below
considered advertising? IMNSHO I don't believe so. Not everyone on the list
is aware of all the products that are currently available. The responder
should at the very least have included their name, company name and email
address in a sigblock.

Neither message provided what I would call product marketing language in
their responses. They have provided links to their websites nothing more
nothing less.

we do ask as others point out that vendors do honor requests to not be
contacted or if asked to be contacted that they respond offline.

Now that said if someone has a question about situation such as the one
below that the question be sent first to

this address gets delivered to myself, Susan and Marc. We discuss the issue
amongst ourselves, reach a decision and then contact the alleged miscreant
to apply a generous admonishment.

As an employee of a very large software company I am well aware of the
rules. I have in the past contacted folks offlist to inform them of my
employer's products. BUT at the same time I believe that our vendor members
bring a lot to the table based upon their experience and knowledge and would
hate to see them sit back and lurk and not contribute to the discussions

that said here is a reminder to the vendors Think carefully about posting
product information. Does it add to the discussion or is it strictly an
advertisement. Look at it from through the eyes of the others

and for everyone else a gentle reminder to please delete out previous
messages when replying, and use a sigblock that at least contains your name,
physical location and email address. If you are vendor you can place your
company information and website.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va