From:
Tim Shinkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2008 15:53:12 -0400
Hi Dustin,

We have recently done some data migrations from legacy ERM systems to modern
ERM systems.  We did encounter one or two lost records, but found these
records where non-critical and likely had never been filed properly in the
legacy RM system.  We use a utility to do the migration after an analysis of
the source and target systems.  The utility provides an audit trail of all
transactions during the migration which becomes a record itself.  If data is
missing it can identify a broken link and report this back for further
research, but there are only so many things you can do to if the source
system is corrupt.

Tim