From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2008 10:50:18 -0400
On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> So here is my list of major, oft-cited cases that deal directly with email.
>
> Armstrong v. Executive Office of the President (the "PROFs" case)
>
> Zubulake v. UBS Warburg
>
> Coleman (Parent) Holdings v. Morgan Stanley
>
> Lorraine v. Markel Am. Ins. Co.

Unfortunately I still don't understand what type of email cases you are
looking for.

In both Zubulake and Coleman I believe that discovery and production of
records are the key events in those cases. Emails just happen to be items
that the plaintiff was seeking.

The PROFS case was the first case that I know that determined that emails
(and their content) could be considered records and thus subject to records
retention requirements

But what surprises me is that you have only identified 4 cases in which
emails play a role if only a tangential role. Or are you interested in
disputes in which emails play a primary role. Have you considered looking at
FOI request cases. I seem to remember posting in  RAIN  stories in which
emails were requested from a couple of different state governors.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va