From:
Evans Kitty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 10:00:08 -0400
While totally centralized scanning is not an option for us, I can attest
to the downsides of distributed scanning.  Unless there is an audit in
progress, the scanning work falls to the back of the priority line.  One
thing I have noticed about this is, as the original people who were part
of the implementation, move on, there is less resistance to scanning
from their replacements.  I am taking that as a positive sign.  In the
beginning it was an "added" responsibility but as new people take over
those positions, it is "just part of the job".

Because the remote scanners may not be as accurate (they don't do this
all day), I have to step up my Quality Control and Database Management
processes to take that into consideration.  I also have to use tighter
controls on entering keywords to try and eliminate a lot of the more
common errors before they happen.  Another disadvantage I have is that I
don't supervise the scanners in the remote offices.  But, fortunately
for me, I do have pretty good buy-in with the people who do.  Again,
that is improving as the "original" people move on and are replaced by
people where Imaging "has always been thus".  We have been "Live" for
over 5 years now.

Kathryn "Kitty" Evans
Document Imaging Manager, OCSA

All About Staffing, Inc. (CoID 38973)
1000 Sawgrass Corporate Pkwy, 6th Floor
Sunrise, Florida 33323

FAX: 866-646-2517

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or
CONFIDENTIAL information and may be read or used only by the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of
its attachments, please be advised that you have received this email in
error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately
purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or
contact the sender at the number listed.