From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 15:35:05 -0400
I've tied RIM to other department-wide activities such as:

Open House - we always had a "booth" showing samples of our services and
(the big draw) old photos and copies of our charter, etc.

PC change out - we change out our PCs on a three year rotation.  Each
time the new ones have some feature added or removed (like CD burners or
diskette drives).  I tie our RIM actions to these features. For example
- we had to let everyone know to migrate data from diskettes to hard
drives or CDs when we started getting PCs without the "A" drive.  I took
the opportunity to remind folks that the data may or may not be records
and to follow the policy and procedures for records and reference/copies
(migrate, delete, or destroy diskette)

RIM Tips - periodically I send a broadcast email to all employees with
"tips" regarding RIM practices - like cleaning up file drawers or "C"
drives or using our recycling program (part of my responsibilities).

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division