From:
David Read <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2008 10:02:28 -0600
Hello all,

Longtime lurker, infrequent poster.

You'll most likely be seeing quite a bit of me now as myself and my team
(2.5 total) have begun undertaking the formation of a University-wide
records management program at the University of Denver. Thanks in
advance for your help that you will indeed give us (and already have
from your collected posts in the archives). We hope we will be able to
return the knowledge sharing favor.

So with that said...it would be a great help to me (and I imagine quite
a few others)  if we  got the records management  for Banner SCT  from
Sunguard (or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems)
discussion going again. Any takers?

It looks like the last time it was discussed here was 2005. While it was
a pretty active discussion there weren't any examples of what (if
anything) people were doing to solve this problem.

So I'm  wishfully thinking that there may be some examples of solutions
now that three years have passed.

What I am interested in finding out is are they any success stories
(case studies?!?!?) where:

- "proper" records management (including automated disposition based on
a predefined records schedule) has been successfully applied to records
in Banner or a ERP system like Banner (SAP, PeopleSoft, etc.)

Or

- transactions are being successfully captured from a system like Banner
and migrated to a Electronic Records Management System (ERMS).

I will summarize the responses.

Thanks in advance for your time and any guidance on this vexing issue.

David

David Read, MSLIS

University Records Manager

University of Denver