From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 13:35:12 -0600
There's some interesting pushback going on against traditional marketing,
PR, and email communications and rules like this are prime examples. I have
started to send a note back to [log in to unmask] suggesting that they
reconsider or be named and shamed....we'll see what happens. In the meantime
there are any number of ways to get around this. Most of these rules focus
on the big ones - Hotmail/MSN/Live, AOL, Google, and Yahoo, meaning that if
you use about any other email address other than those or the huge ISPs like
Comcast and Earthlink you should be fine.

A search on "disposable email address" pulled up a number of interesting
links including:
http://email.about.com/od/disposableemailservices/tp/disposable.htm
http://www.sizlopedia.com/2007/05/27/top-20-temporary-and-disposable-email-s
ervices/