From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2008 21:28:06 -0600
Yup, I have an inkling of what you are geyting at. In the ECM world "Archival" is records that are kept a decade or more. In the Archival world "Archival" means permanent or forever. There perception of what a record is falls a little short as well. In the RM world, where records are managed, we look not just context, but structure and context as well. I lectured at international conferences on the language of change. Primary to the conversation was the shared terms and what they mean to separate professions. Where we hit the wall is when profession moves to encapsulate another. The issue I see is document management viewing records management as a subset. I should be interesting to see how it works out long term.

Chris Flynn