From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 16:07:24 -0500
As the next step in our email message RM archiving process kicks off I've
been asked to do some benchmarking on the retention periods for the
following aspects of the email system: Calendar entries, To do lists,
follow-ups and journaling.

Some back ground on our current process.  We've implemented a 3 bucket
retention process with the in-box,sent file and folder structure pieces of
our Lotus Notes system and have done it  with pretty good success.  The 3
buckets are :uncategorized (90 days), Business Value (1 year) , and
Company records( according to retention schedule) with another option to
put messages under a litigation hold(indefinite) .  These were attacked
first because of the risk factor being the highest and we now want to
complete the clean-up of the system along with the local archives being
stored by employee's.  This feature was shut off when the 3 bucket process
was started and we are now circling around.  The discussion on these has
been vigorous and we're looking for help from the lists expertise.

You can respond directly to me and I'll summarize the results for the list

Please direct any specific questions to me directly

Thanks in advance for your help