From:
Lucy Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2008 17:03:22 -0400
The National Historical Publications and Records Commission staff will
hold a conference call on June 17, 2008 to answer questions about its
Archives: Detailed Processing Projects grant.

In brief, this grant supports "detailed processing and preservation
of collections of national significance. The collections should also
have high research demand or substantial preservation challenges.
Applicants must have virtually all of their collections processed
sufficiently so that researchers can find them."

The full announcement is available on our website:
http://www.archives.gov/nhprc/announcement/detailed.html.
Applications are due on October 6, 2008 [the date on the website will be
revised shortly].  NHPRC staff will review drafts that are submitted by
August 1, 2008.

The conference call will begin on Tuesday, June 17 at 3:00 PM Eastern
Time and last one hour.  If you are interested in participating, please
send an email to Nathan Sowry at [log in to unmask] He will send you
the information on how to participate.  We are limited to 25
participants in this call.  If there is sufficient interest, we will
schedule another call.

This email has been sent to Archives and Archivists, Rec-Mgmt-L,
H-Public, COSA and the Best Practices Exchange listservs.

Please forward to other regional associations, library, or government
listservs as appropriate.

Lucy Barber
202-357-5306
fax: 202-357-5914
Director for Technology Initiatives
National Historical Publications and Records Commission
National Archives and Records Administration
700 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Rm 106
Washington, DC 20408-0001