From:
Randy Preston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 06:43:08 -0700
Hi Vicky,

In addition to the Getty's excellent AA Thesaurus, you may also wish to take
a look at the Library of Congress's "Thesaurus for Graphic Materials," which
is "a tool for indexing visual materials by subject and genre/format [that]
includes more than 7,000 subject terms to index topic shown or reflected in
pictures, and 650 genre/format terms to index types of photographs, prints,
design drawings, ephemera and other categories."  More information about the
TGM is available at http://lcweb2.loc.gov/pp/tgmhtml/tgmabt.html.
Downloadable versions of the TGM are available at
http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/tgm1/downloadtgm1.html.

Cheers,
Randy

--