From:
Trudy M Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:44:30 EDT
Oh, I forgot something else and it may have some bearing on keeping the
files for an extended period.

The SBA requires a new In Take form to be completed by a client who is
returning after 3 years as new updated  information may be  presented.   So that
may be the clue to how long to retain client  files.
They are not treated as a new client as no new SBA EDMIS number is  required
to be created and the old one can be used.  But unless the old  file is kept
or an electronic record is accessible, you might have no way of  knowing if
they are a returning client.

Trudy M.  Phillips
File Management, LLC
"Bringing Order Out of  Chaos"
8440 Lanewood Circle
Leeds, AL 35094
Office:  205/699-8571   Fax: 205/699-3278
_www.filemanagement.com_ (http://www.filemanagement.com/)

In a message dated 6/25/2008 10:23:02 A.M. Central Daylight Time,