From:
"Schnier, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2008 13:39:58 -0500
In my experiences, the service level does greatly change based on
location. In Houston, as Keith pointed out, we have had better
experience with Recall as opposed to Iron Mountain. However, in Denver,
it is just the opposite with Iron Mountain providing us a better
experience than Recall. So far, our most consistent provider has been
Underground Vaults & Storage, but they only have locations in Kansas

What we considered bad experiences:
1. Inaccurate inventory counts and billing. We had to prove to them that
we had sent in more inventory than they were accounting for. Sure, a
price break, since they were not billing us storage, but it made
tracking of inventory a nightmare.
2. After "pulling" our inventory for a disposal review, we came up short
of boxes. They said the boxes had been pulled and sent to the facility.
Three months later, they called us and informed us they had found the
boxes.
3. Delivery times were seldom accurate.

What we considered good experiences:
1. Annual Inventory audits were reconciled with 98% or better accuracy.
2. Billing audits were reconciled with 99% or better accuracy.
(occasionally had a billing off, but very rarely and they were very
quick to adjust)
3. Delivery times were accurate to within 1 hour.

Thank You,
Michael Schnier
KII Records Manager - Legacy Operations
Office - (316) 828-8854