From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2008 16:14:42 -0600
John Culberson (R - TX) is a Congressman who regularly liveblogs and
Twitters about the workings of the House. Twitter:
http://twitter.com/johnculberson. Blog:
http://www.house.gov/apps/blog/tx07_culberson/index.shtml. Website:
http://culberson.house.gov/. He also periodically posts live video of the
goings on using Qik (http://qik.com/).

Note that I am not a partisan and am taking no position on, well, his
positions. But his use of technology to "allow him to bypass the mainstream
media and shine sunlight into the darkest corners of Congress." is I think
an extraordinary development in politics. Clearly there are things he
shouldn't blog about, and I trust he's smart enough to understand what those
are. But I wonder what this group thinks about the possibilities here
specifically for open and transparent government. No more open records act
requests - everything he's doing using blogs, Twitter, and Qik is already
open and available to anyone. I am thinking about the RM aspects of this as
well, though as some of you know many of these tools already support basic
retention management and can be managed in an enterprise context with the
appropriate solution.

Anyway, thoughts? Concerns? What about liveblogging or twittering your
chapter/region/Board of Directors meetings?

Jesse Wilkins

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jessewilkins