From:
EATON DAVID <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:02:48 -0400
Sharon,

We briefly considered using SharePoint as a replacement for DM in our
move from WORLDOX to Interwoven, but it did not seem feasible at the
time (a year ago).  From what I can tell, there are only a few firms
that have headed down this road, but you would need something like
XMLaw/handshake to help provide structure among other things.  I
recently heard of a large firm that is transitioning from OpenText to
SharePoint, but they also will have a full-time developer on their IT
staff to help maintain it.

Of the top three legal DM systems, Interwoven seems to have the highest
level of integration with Microsoft and would probably be worth looking
into further as far as their plans with SharePoint.  It will be
interesting to see how this unfolds.

David Eaton
Director of Records Management
McLane, Graf, Raulerson & Middleton