From:
Tom Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:52:39 -0400
Peter, wrote:  "not necessarily. when you consider that users will come up file names that make sense only to them and no one else. I can't tell you how many times I've seen file names that consist of just a person's name and a date.

My Response:  The conventions that Taina has developed are excellent --- and almost an exact copy of the file naming conventions contained in the standard office administrative manual circa 1962. (Don't ask me how I know that!)

Using good common sense in organizing anything, expecially information, doesn't really change much with the media.  You do it smartly setting it up so that you can find it when it is no longer the hottest thing on your plate.

My point on the naming criteria is that, names really don't change much.  For example:  a budget record is a budget record no matter what or how maintained, created or generated.

Tom Owens