From:
pakurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:16:55 -0700
came across this blog the other day and thought others would find it of
interest
http://shrinkster.com/10ei

Sent to you by pakurilecz via Google Reader: Blog Contest — Send In A
Preparedness Tip, Win A Valuable Preparedness Prize! via In Case Of
Emergency, Read Blog by admin on 7/17/08
Today, I am launching the first “In Case Of Emergency, Read Blog”
Contest. It is my belief that we need to make emergency preparedness
more engaging and even fun (as well as add some incentives) if we are
to get Americans to take notice and start the preparedness process. So,
I will be running some contests and other non-traditional preparedness
activities on this blog. Of course, most of the readers of this blog do
not need preparedness made more engaging or incentive-driven to get
them involved. Nevertheless, I hope these contests will not only be
enjoyable and an opportunity to win some preparedness-related prizes,
but also hopefully a learning experience that gives us an opportunity
to share and pick up some new ideas.

‘PREPAREDNESS TIPS’ CONTEST

THE RULES: Please send me a citizen preparedness tip to
[log in to unmask] by August 7th. The submission should
be along the lines of the [log in to unmask] by August
7th. The submission should be along the lines of the “What Should We
Tell The Public” video series on the blog — a tip, recommendation, or
an idea on what you think is important that other citizens should know
and do in order to increase their own, their community’s and their
nation’s readiness. I will collect and post every tip I receive. Then,
I will do a random drawing of all the submissions to pick five winners.

THE PRIZE: Amanda Ripley has kindly given me five new copies of the
Random House Audio of her book The Unthinkable: Who Survives When
Disaster Strikes And Why.

THE UNTHINKABLE AUDIO BOOK

This unabridged edition, read by Kirsten Potter, has 8 compact discs
covering nine-and-a-half-hours. I will send a copy to each of the five
randomly selected winners. Thank you Amanda.

Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to In Case Of Emergency, Read Blog using Google Reader
favorite sites