From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:35:35 -0400
Gerry:
See http://www.lva.lib.va.us/whatwedo/records/sched_local/GS-07.pdf
schedule item #005521.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division
Newport News Dept. of Public Utilities
Newport News, VA

From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Gerry McFatridge
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 3:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [RM] Blog Contest - Send In A Preparedness Tip, Win A V
aluable Preparedness Prize!

My tip would be for everyone to buy a copy of this book -
http://tinyurl.com/65wedc

Useful, informative and actually quite entertaining!

My department just finished our annual preparedness exercise/training a
few weeks ago. While the focus is always on ensuring continued
operations of the physical plant (water and sewer systems) my division
(engineering) is responsbile for doing an initial damage assessment. A
small question I had this year was that it dawned on me that we did not
have a records class for the paperwork that would be generated by such
an actual event.

How long a retention for completed damage assessment forms might be
suggested - 1 year after the event, 2, 3..?

Gerry