From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:10:27 -0400
<Its not that they are the most conversant and knowledgeable about the
technology, it is that they can speak the words in such a manner that no
one else outside of IT really understands what they are saying>

For the first year after RM was placed under IT in 2001, I frequently
had to reference a excellent source to understand what was being said or
discussed in many divisional meetings.  I also recommend this source to
candidates studying for part 5 of the CRM exam.

The "Random House Webster's Computer and Internet Dictionary, 3rd
Edition," by Philip E. Margolis has been my constant companion ever
since (although I don't need to reference it quite so much now).  It is
clearly easier to apply RM methods and concepts to new technologies if
one understands both the basic RM AND the new technology.  One thing I
have learned - the RM methods and concepts must be flexible enough to be
applied in a cost effective way.  If one understands the basics, one can
apply the flexibility.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager