From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:45:54 -0500
I was very interested in reading through the issues relating to the
Changing View of Records Management.  As some of you may be aware, the
ARMA Strategic Planning Committee (ARMA's Board, HQ Staff Directors, and
representatives from the ICRM, Fellows, ARMA International Education
Foundation and a Region Manager) worked through some of the issues under
discussion over the course of the weekend.  That meeting will result in
a refining of the direction for the Association as it delivers
educational content, as it seeks to advance the profession, and as it
seeks to deliver more standards work more quickly.

We will have additional work to do, since what we have done is in draft
form right now.  Feel free also to look for a comprehensive member
survey in 2009, so that you can voice your thoughts on what issues are
most important, can compare that to how well ARMA has matched service
offerings and effort to those issues, etc.

I look forward to seeing this topic continue to draw comment - either
now, or whenever it pops up again.  There's great value in seeing what
members of our profession experience, in learning of the "occasional
frustrations", and in seeing the thought surrounding where we should go,
and can go next.

Thanks!

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+
President-Elect, ARMA International