From:
"Weaver, Gordon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:42:04 -0600
I certainly agree that it depends on the records in question and the
industry.  I was recently involved in a retention schedule committee and
we did reduce some of the lengthily retentions because they really did
not need to be that long to begin with.  In these cases there would be
no reason to continue with the previous retention simply because it had
been established years earlier.  I must believe there are valid reasons
and careful consideration for a reduced retention and through the
development/reschedule process, a review and comment period would bring
out any concerns.  Each case/company/schedule needs to be evaluated on
its own development and merit.

Gordon Weaver
Source One Management, Inc.
Grand Junction, CO