From:
"Williams, Stephanie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:24:02 -0500
I agree with Pilar.

>Actually, this would be the easiest condition I would think. It would
be based on generation/creation date and you >could add an alpha
character or a "dash number" to the new retention period but retain the
existing record series
>code.  The system would simply calculate the date against the various
records and apply the appropriate schedule.

I don't think this would be easy at all and particularly confusing,
especially if you are refreshing your retention schedule every 18 or so
months.

Again, I agree with Pilar that once you have updated and rolled out the
new approved retention schedule all company records are subject to the
new retention schedule.

Just one woman's opinion.

Stephanie Williams
Records Administrator