From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:58:16 -0400
Interesting article (again) today on this concept of "cloud computing" and a
new entry into the market

http://shrinkster.com/11lm

And for a bit more, this article from the same publication talks about the
subject in a bit more depth and what it is or isn't.

http://shrinkster.com/11lo

From the first article, I loved this phrase defining the concept-

"...reinforces the argument that the latest IT outsourcing model is well on
its way to becoming a classic disruptive technology..."

Now when most of us think of things as being disruptive, that really isn't a
good thing, right?  Well, some disagreement seems to exist on THIS as well.

Disruptive= good
http://shrinkster.com/11lq

Disruptive= What were they thinking?
http://shrinkster.com/11lp

I think the jury is still way out on this one, especially when it comes to
larger, established business models.   Maybe this is something that has a
place (presently) in some environments, but I doubt it's going to rise to
the level of the "electrical speech machine" anytime soon.

Too much risk involved and I don't even agree (based on the one writer's
definition of disruptive) that the telephone WAS disruptive... it didn't
seek to immediately upset the apple cart and it took decades to displace the
telegraph, telegram, letter writing and the Pony Express.

Larry