From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:17:51 -0400
I would agree with Larry that this a question of risk.  In addition I would
note that much of what goes into data warehouses is the from contents of
major business applications including financial data, production and other
metric-types of data.  As many of us have experienced, it can be a problem
getting compliance in the purging expired data (records) from major
applications and data archives, and now data warehouses become another
repository for copies of the data (records).  One more headache to think
about.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM