From:
Michael Sharpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:05:25 -0600
But according to my estimation the 64 second recovery time is about
17.58% of one's working day/week assuming the five-minute check in
cycle.  Even if you're only half as easily distracted you'd still lose
9.75% of your productivity which is probably more then most of us can
really afford to lose.  I'm only half a productive as I'd like to be
anyway but if you can train yourself to need only 16 seconds to recover
perhaps the 5 minute cycle can be justified.  I note that the model
doesn't seem to take into account the actual reading time or maybe the
64 seconds includes that. This whole thing does not bode well for the
listserv as one could make the case that there are a lot of 64 second
recovery breaks going on around the country leading to the decline and
fall of RM!

MS

PS don't get distracted after reading this!