From:
David Ives <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2008 14:02:55 -0400
Hello All,

Since this the hot topic right now I just thought I would pass this link
on.  It looks like someone hacked Sarah Palin's e-mail and has posted
samples on-line.  I have not looked into the 'issue' at all but it would
seem the question of whether she may be using a personal email account for
official business might be answered soon.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1919

Kind regards,
David

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Allen, Doug
<[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> I would be just as curious about access to, or lack thereof, for all
> candidates....... just so the topic is covered in a fair and balanced
> manner.... ;-) Do we have access to the email of Senators? Is that
> secret?

i'm more curious as to why access was recently restricted to archival
records involving a current candidate. Record involving approximately $160
million dollars.

but as has been pointed out the Congress has conveniently made themselves
exempt from public records requirements. Which is why a certain candidates
state legislative records are not available

Of course this issue about executive emails is a very interesting one.
Back
in June Jaime Snieder wrote an article titled Blackberry Deprivation for
that conservative 'rag"  The Weekly Standard. (I think I even included it
in
a RAIN posting) Anyway the article brought up some interesting items

"John McCain and Barack Obama are often seen sending emails between
campaign
rallies as they barnstorm the country. But whichever man is elected
president will face a predicament: unholster his Blackberry or risk
political suicide. As George W. Bush told a small group of friends just
days
before being sworn in, "Since I do not want my private conversations
looked
at by those out to embarrass, the only course of action is not to
correspond
in cyberspace." In the last eight years, President Bush has not sent a
single message. And future presidents are all but certain to follow in his
footsteps."
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/015/166ljydr.asp

and were folks aware that President Clinton only sent two email messages
during his entire administration?

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va