From:
"Vandenberg, Erin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:48:34 -0500
Hello everyone-

My name is Erin and this is my first post to this listserv.  I was
recently hired as the records manager for DePaul University in Chicago.
The records management program is brand-new.  While we have a working
retention schedule we don't have much else.  One of our current projects
is to find a vendor to assist us with off-site storage and retrieval as
well as shredding.

I sort of fell into the records management profession a few years ago
and up to this point only had experience with court records and one
specific vendor.  Therefore, I'm hoping that others of you in university
settings can assist me with choosing a vendor that understands
universities and how decentralized they can be.

So, with that in mind, if you could email me directly and let me know
whether you use a nation-wide vendor or a local vendor, who you use,
what criteria lead you to choose them, and what your experience has been
like with them, I would greatly appreciate it.

Erin Vandenberg
Director of Records Management
Office of the Secretary
DePaul University