From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:09:30 -0400
On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Vandenberg, Erin <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> So, with that in mind, if you could email me directly and let me know
> whether you use a nation-wide vendor or a local vendor, who you use,
> what criteria lead you to choose them, and what your experience has been
> like with them, I would greatly appreciate it.

It really all depends. but let me suggest that you go to the ARMA bookstore
and purchase this document

Guideline for evaluating offsite records storage facilities

This guideline is a practical tool for organizations to use to evaluate
their storage needs, whether their business practices make outsourcing the
best decision, and the ability of and costs for vendors to meet their
storage requirements. It includes checklists for a range of factors to be
considered in making these decisions, including records security and
protection, service levels, contract terms, and cost comparisons. It will
facilitate the user in developing:

   - Its own customer profile
   - A request for information (RFI) process
   - A request for quote (RFQ) process

http://www.arma.org/bookstore/productdetail.cfm?ProductID=2220

do read the document carefully, especially the section on how to use the
guidelines. I've heard from some CRC vendors that they have received the
entire checklist as part of the RFP process with no instructions on what the
potential customer wants. so read the instructions carefully

this will help you greatly in your selection process

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va