From:
Mimi Dionne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2008 11:12:57 -0700
Hi Ben,

It's been my experience that IT *loves* to post the litigation hold policy on its website in the intranet because it took so much effort to create it.  They want a gold star.

However, until the hold process has been proven several times over (meaning if it's an elaborate Visio-driven policy with multiple parties & phases, then all parties involved must follow the process TO THE LETTER over a sufficient duration of time until the process is smooth and there are no errors or miscommunication), I wouldn't post it at all...and I'd not post it for as long as you can get away with it.

How easy would it be for opposing counsel to point out to Your Honor that we didn't follow the process appropriately?  Can't  you just hear the O.C.:  "Your Honor!  My client may be an idiot, but I demand a fine against the other party because they didn't follow their own procedure!"

*grin*  But I'm cautious that way.

Mimi Dionne, CA, CDIA+, CRM, PMP
281.386.9698
Blog: http://rimnant.blogspot.com