From:
Anne Merwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2008 07:40:52 -0500
Hello ListServ Members,

I need your assistance please.  Our company, through acquisitions, has
many, many legacy business planning & control systems (BPCS) and
applications that now require migration into SAP, or archiving  for
continued storage. These multitude of systems, I have been told, are
costing us +/-$4M per year and we want to shut them down.  The data in
these systems must be kept as needed for research, litigation, etc, in an
appropriate manner and maintain the ability to apply retention rules and
legal holds.  As I am relatively new to RM and have never handled a
project of this magnitude, I will be the first to admit that I don't know
enough to know what I don't know.  I've searched the archives but was
unable to locate what I think I am looking for.

My question to the group is what type of questions do I need answered or
information gathered from my people  in order to create a bid packet to
perform this type of migration. Or to even talk intelligently to vendors
on the subject.

Vendor feedback welcome, but please do not contact me to be put on "our
list" of potential vendors.

Regards,

Anne Merwin
Corporate Records Coordinator
Huntsman International LLC
10003 Woodloch Forest Drive, #8036
The Woodlands, TX  77380
Tel: (281) 719-4022
Fax: (281) 719-4045
Cell: (713) 775-6586

For additional information on Huntsman's Document Management Program visit
our webpage on the Huntsman iLink under Shared Services / Legal / Records
Retention