From:
John Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:09:01 -0800
I too have not heard the term used in document scanning.
For 24 years I've used image capture.

Note:
Scanology BV, headquartered in Boxmeer, Netherlands, is an independent
provider of automatic identification systems and services. The company's
barcode heritage - they are world-class providers of barcode quality
assurance systems - and their pioneering role in passive RFID allow them to
accurately advise the most appropriate technology to implement to meet
current and future needs. Scanology partners with blue-chip network
providers to produce end-to-end solutions for a connected world. Scanology
is embedded in the ISO and EPCglobal standards processes and is uniquely
able to contribute to the development of RFID standards and regulations.

...John Glover
...707-773-1257
516 Albert Way
Petaluma, CA 94954

of scanning operations that I had not heard before and was wondering if
anyone out there ad run into it previously.  I see the term scanology (via
Blackle) more in the RFID area and some in the barcode arena.  I searched
the term in the List Archives and got no hits.

> The client uses it to describe one who scans and indexes.  Scanologist -
a new career aspiration.

> Tod Chernikoff, CRM

present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the
message.