From:
Chuck Berkau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:05:28 -0500
Please pardon the off-topic post. In light of earlier posts regarding
Veteran's Day and the 233rd birthday of the Marines, I thought some folks
may enjoy a short message and link regarding a Marine currently on an
extremely selfless and worthy mission.

A great personal friend of mine, Steve Moline, Major, U.S. Marine Corps
(Ret), is 19 days and over 1,000 miles into a cross-country bicycle trip.
The trip is to benefit The Captain Garrett T. Lawton Foundation
(www.thelawtonfoundation.org <http://www.thelawtonfoundation.org/> ), which
Steve founded upon the greatest sacrifice and loss of his dear friend's son
in Afghanistan. The Foundation is established as a non-profit charity to
"provide support and assistance to the thousands of military families who
have lost a loved one in the service of our country".

Steve's journey is being documented daily with superb (and sometimes somber)
photographs and wonderfully entertaining narrative of his experience
travelling the breadth of our great nation. Steve writes with great humor
regarding his trip, and thoughtful insight regarding the people, environment
and our country. If interested, you can visit Steve's site, obtain his
current location via GPS linked to Google maps, and leave messages of
encouragement if so moved at "A Gyrene's Journey", http://snipurl.com/5evdy.

Best Regards,

- Chuck