From:
"Hilliard, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 11:17:37 -0600
Hi listserv,

I wanted to share something very positive that has come to my attention
via an IT contact.

While at the Storage Networking World conference held in Dallas October
13-16th and sponsored by Computerworld/SNIA, she attende a session
titled "Records Managers and Storage Managers Speak: Get the Real Story
Behind ILM" from which she extrapolated these key points (among others):

IT people who manage storage need to find out who their RIM
professionals are and consult with them before taking any steps towards
ILM to avoid failure.  RIM professionals along with legal & business
unit management set retention policy and are the starting point.

This is a great example of how the message of our role and value is
beginning to be heard in the right places to have an impact for changing
the face of our profession.

Yea!!

Mary Hilliard, CRM

BTW there was a CRM on the panel - Brenda Patterson.