From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:28:24 -0500
If I have learned anything from Life ( I mean the show), Fringe (the
show!) and Numbers (well you know), cell phone, Blackberry's, etc. is
that they can be tracked to within 3 meters of current location.
Even if you turn the power off, the CIA and therefore others can
track that device to an exact geographic location.  Not something any
world leader wishes to broadcast.

The amazing thing is that there is no longer science fiction.  Almost
anything imagined 30 years ago is being done today.

Just in the offsite media storage industry we have tape transport
containers that report their current location, their temperature
range during their trip, the humidity they were exposed, the cases
can be made to withstand being tossed in the ocean for a few days and
this is just to protect a few computer tapes.  Of course those tapes
might have the entire stock market's daily trading on it or all the
deposits and numbers of a Swiss Bank Account.

We install vaults that independently report to the clients storing in
the vault the current status of the vault. (Temperature, humidity,
dust levels, floor moisture, lights on/lights off, air flow) and
provide a web site with a continuous video feed.  Then if anything
bad happens (fire alarm goes off or temperature rises) the system
calls three cell phones and provide a email message on the vault
status.  You can then go to the web site and see the vault interior
and exterior through digital cameras hooked into the system.  Talk
about the records manager being able to manage their records at all
times, this is great.

All made possible by the amazing technology of a cell phone.

P.S.  You know those necklaces that Iron Mountain passed out that
light up blue,  I ended up with several of them and they make a great
safety light for your dog or cat at night. Cars and you can see the
animal after dark. Plus seeing a white Lab floating across the lawn
in a spectral blue light makes the neighbors lives just a little more
exciting. I love technology.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM

privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the
sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any
unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part
is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to
change. Banc Technic Inc. dba FIRELOCK shall not be liable for the
improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in
this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your
system. FIRELOCK does not guarantee that the integrity of this
communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free
of viruses, interceptions or interference.