From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:19:56 -0500
I think the mission is the overall purpose for being.  For example, the
mission of a RIM program would be to manage all the records.  The
application of "mission critical" to the vital records of the group
would be based on the purpose of the business function.  A vision is
where you want to be and how you want others to see you.  For example:

Our mission statement is:
Provide a department-wide comprehensive Records Management Program for
the life cycle (creation, maintenance, use, retention, and disposition)
management of Waterworks records and information.

Our visions statement is:
Provide a Records Management Program to Waterworks that organizes,
maintains, stores and disposes/preserves all records and information in
a systematic, defined manner in compliance with appropriate federal,
state and local government laws and regulations and Waterworks
historical and reference needs.

A little wordy, but we had 15 minutes to come up with them at a
strategic planning meeting a year or so ago.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division