From:
Angie Fares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:52:48 -0600
I put all of my reporting and score card requirements in my contract.  I
also put in a statement regarding accurate billing.  If it gets messy, I
can always move on if I decide to make that choice.

I think that we, as a profession, need to band together and start
requiring our shred providers to give us this information as part of
their service.  In what other industry would you be required to pay for
services that even the provider is not sure were performed?

If I had my dream system, it would have customer profiles by
organization and by site.  I could list preferences, contact names and
numbers, open and closing times, special requirements by landlords for
pickup of shred material, approval requirements if required, and email
addresses that automatically mailed out reminders that service dates
were approaching and send out additional emails if the service date is
changed by the vendor.  I would be able to block out days of the week or
days of the year where the system is not allowed to pick that date as a
workable date because of scheduling conflicts.

I would be able to log onto a web page to file service requests, service
complaints, relocation notices, key requests, off cycle service
requests, service frequency changes, schedule requests, profile changes,
privacy breaches, or research requests instead of doing business by
email.  I'd be able to get notification of a resolution when the problem
was handled and check the detail if I wanted.  I could service history
by site, region, or company and it would include date of service, volume
of the container, and a copy of the signed ticket or bar code swipe.  I
could also see service complaints grouped by site, region, or company
and perhaps also by type.  I could update telephone numbers and contact
names myself and submit tickets for when my stores open, close, or
relocate so that it would update service location addresses.  I would be
able to pull my bills online and also run budgeting forecasts.

Any company worth doing business with in the future better be taking
notes.