From:
"Grevin, Fred" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2008 10:00:50 -0500
John, I did think of adding something along those lines, but decided not
to. It adds up to too many variables, and "at a reasonable cost" seems,
all too often, to mean cheapest is best, without qualifications.

I don't mean to suggest that [good] records management is worth paying
exorbitant costs, but I think it needs to be considered as a "value
proposition" rather than a mere cost center, just as are IT, Legal
Affairs, and, of course, the Executive staff ...

Best regard.

Fred
Frederic J. Grevin
Deputy Commissioner and Chief Information Officer
The City of New York,
Department of Records
Email: [log in to unmask]
Land phone: 212.788.8615