From:
Daniel Oliveira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2009 23:57:55 +0000
Dear Colleague,

My name is Daniel Oliveira, I am 27 years old and I come from Portugal. I
have a Degree in History and Postgraduate Studies in Archives and Records
Management both taken in my home country. Soon I will undertake an
international Master in Information Management at Curtin University of
Technology, in Perth, Australia. I am actively involved with ICA and with
AsF association (Archiveros sin Fronteras).

ICA is supporting the Flying Reporters initiative that was experimentally
created for the 16th ICA Congress 2008, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The
Flying Reporters (FR) delivered a report to ICA decision makers that
intended to provide feedback on the Congress but also to point out some
recommendations on the continuation and reinforcement of the FR initiative,
as well as on the involvement of young professionals within the ICA and on
the promotion of an inter-generational dialogue about the state of the
archival professional and its needs for the future. The ICA feedback was
extremely positive and, as a result, a FR website will be developed in 2009.
Meanwhile, it was decided to create a blog where young archivists and
records managers can become active voices for the future. The weblog was
already created, even though it will be redesigned soon (tags, blog roll,
generic content, etc.).
http://archivists.wordpress.com/

I was nominated as one of four editors that will be responsible for
soliciting articles relative to archives, editing these articles and posting
them on the blog. Therefore, I would like to invite young professionals in
the archives and records management field to contribute on the blog. I also
address the request to senior archivists and university lecturers who might
be interested in involving peers and students.

For further information please don't hesitate to contact me at
[log in to unmask] Meanwhile, I enclose a summary document about the
scope of the blog.

Best wishes and thank you in advance,

Daniel Oliveira