From:
John Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2009 09:57:24 -0500
There may be a few elements of truth to this story, but The New York Times
no longer has any journalistic credibility for thinking minds. From the
Jayson Blair incident through the Guantanamo Bay front page stories to the
recent complete abdication of impartiality in pushing for Obama's election,
the NY Times blatant bias has become a national embarrassment. It often
retracts its own stories.

Which raises a serious question for the Listserv. How do we identify poorly
presented blatantly biased citations and references on this list? Without
getting into major political debates. I suggest that we not directly copy
news content into the Listserv, but rather simply indicate their content and
provide some hyperlinks to the sources. I for one read next to nothing that
appears in the NY Times, as you can only expecting exposes and retractions
shortly afterward.

Your thoughts Peter?

John

John T. Phillips