From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:33:04 -0500
Joe:

At a quick glance it would seem to me you could recall a box that has
reached the end of its retention period, place new contents in it and update
the box information, however, that leaves you with the contents from the
box, which you could destroy in whatever proper and accountable manner you
choose.  However this does not give you a proper audit trail.

Depending on your vendor, there might not be an out charge if you have them
do the destruction, because the inventory record may just list it as
destroyed.  There will be a destruction charge that is possibly less than an
out charge.  This assumes they provide both services.  It has been a while
since I dealt directly with this activity (vendor storage) but those are my
first impressions.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM