From:
John Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:35:02 -0800
Joe;

Check your storage contract to see the cost of Perm Out only.
If, for example, the cost is $3.00 to get the box off the shelf, $4.00 to
destroy and $5.00 for permanent removal there is often a 'combined' price
that is lower than the total of  these 3 services.

Most storage companies do not charge for the barcode label.
But you could benefit from re-using the old box after you incur the labor
costs of removing the old files.

It will be interesting to see how many folks are following this process.

...John Glover
...707-773-1257
516 Albert Way
Petaluma, CA 94954

barcodes? I’m trying to find out if it makes sense to keep the box barcodes
so as not to have the expense of permanent removal charges incurred.

> Regards,
>
> Joe
> List archives at http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/recmgmt-l.html
present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the
message.