From:
"Rifenbark, Deb" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:45:51 -0600
Joe, when we place a box barcode on a box, to us, it simply is an identifier - just as a shelf, room, etc. would be.  If the contents of the box requires removal through retrieval, destruction or release, we will reuse the box with the attached barcode label in place to avoid the perm out fee whenever possible.  We will not always be able to accomplish this, but through modifying the box and record relationship within our electronic system, it can be a very effective way to manage the perm out fee expense. It does require knowledgeable staff and ones that will ensure that each step is managed appropriately.

Will be glad to discuss offline if you would like.

Deb Rifenbark, CRM
Chief Records Officer
Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
816.691.2616