From:
Steve Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:25:43 -0800
I agree with Taina as I have my revision dates on ALL pages. I may not
have a version number but, the date is on every page. If I make a change
to one page the date is change on all of them. For instance, I have a
word doc that contains a listing of all of our tenant's Letter of
Credits, their amendment & etc. When I add an amendment or new LoC, I
don't give it a version number as I may only print one page so the new
date of revision works fine for that particular document. I mainly use
version number on forms or my Retention Schedule.

I also agree that best practice, in this case, is what your company
decides.

Steven D. Morgan
C.J. Segerstrom & Sons, Records Manager
714.438.3228 Phone
714.546.9835 Fax

Knowledge is of two kinds: we know a subject ourselves, or we know where
we can find information upon it.