From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:53:59 -0800
I remember the fairly early days of the list; Marilyn Harmston, CRM was
the administrator (or owner); it was hosted on a server at Syracuse
Univ.  Marc (Mrac) Wolfe helped out.  In '94 before the ARMA conference
in Toronto we discussed having a list outing, but did not get it
arranged that year.  We did the next, and our first listserv outing at
the ARMA annual conf. was in Nashville in '95.  That was the best one,
in my opinion.  LOTS of beverages consumed, good food; lots of
networking and laughing.  A couple of Aussie dudes going around getting
everybody to sign their listserv T-shirts; lots of fun. (Speak up
Mateys, if you read this.)  Susan Carlson, CRM, Gail Ann McCreary, CRM,
Stephen Maynor, Torrey McLean, CRM, Manker Harris, CRM, lots of other
long-time colleagues and friends attended.

The next year '96 in Denver was good too.  Chicago in '97 was proceeded
by The Great BBQ Sauce War of 1997.

The list had about 2500 subscribers back in '95 or so.   That was, I
believe, the most subscribers the list has ever had.

'Nuff rambling...., I hate paper.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 1/15/2009 12:21 PM >>>
On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Jesse Wilkins
<[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> PaK, you ready to move this to a blog/RSS feed yet? ;)

little bit of background information for folks who haven't been on
this
listserv for long. It started out in the late 80s or early 90s by a
group of
RMs who worked in the education area.
<snip>