From:
"Nystedt, Sheri" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:09:27 -0700
My company has a confidential information / data privacy program in
place (with a data privacy officer), but I would like to get an
understanding of the various program structures that may exist at other
firms.  As a side note, I am looking at this from a broader point of
view ~ basically all information that requires some level of protection
against disclosure, not just PII.

Do you have a specific department/function responsible for the program
or are responsibilities split between several functions (such as IT,
Legal, etc.) with a committee structure in place?  If a specific dept is
responsible, how many employees are in the dept and what kind of roles
exist?  Where does this function report up to?

I appreciate your insights, thanks!

Sheri Nystedt, CRM
Sr Compliance Manager
Records & Information Management