From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:26:48 -0500
>This is a fantastic interview with an HP exec on what the cloud is and why
it is gaining ground.  It is definitely an "IT" article (and is pretty long)
so be prepared for your brain to hurt a little, but the effort was certainly
worth it for me.

No pain, no gain... right?? Yeah, well written article from one perspective
and it defines the view of someone who works for an organization
selling/operating/exploiting the value of the cloud (as he/they define it),
so readers need to keep that in mind.

>As Jesse and many others assert, RIMs having a good understanding of these
issues is key to ensuring we are able to support or organizations if/when we
take this path.  One great way to do that is to understand the IT side

The quote I recall that speaks to this is "Keep your friends close, and your
enemies closer" of course, it DOES come from 400BC and it was translated
from Chinese, but we all use it anyway =)

I fully agree we in RIM/RM need to remain completely conversant in IT, but
we also need to be able to translate it into a language that allows us to
explain to management the fallacies in what they say.

After all, it depends on what your definition of 'IS' is, right??

Larry