From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:46:14 -0500
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 06:05:49 -0600, Russell D. James
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I just made a Twitter Group at http://twittgroups.com/group/archives for our
>archives group.  Please go to that website and join and please don't forget
>the #archives hash tag when tweeting about archives or RM related stuff.

Having participated in the A&A Listserv in the past and knowing the severe
firestorms around how the content in discussions MUST be saved, because
everyone seems to think the sound of their own "voice" is historic, I'd have
to wonder how and why they would want to tweet when it doesn't allow you to
attach every post that preceded it, and doesn't provide the ability to
archive the content (?)

As for the hash tag, what if the post is about records management?  Wouldn't
that be incorrect encoding?

Sigh... maybe I'll have to write a blog post on this, then post a link here
for everyone to know I have a blog post on the topic that they should read

Larry