From:
"Mrozak, Suzanne" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:25:13 -0500
Greeting to all from Cambridge, MA, where the snow is finally melting :-)

Our IT department is in the process of implementing HP's RISS software for email archiving. They have chosen to configure it so that after 30 days, all emails and attachments will be sent to the archive where they will remain for three years.

As you might imagine, I have some concerns about this approach. (FYI, it's been an IT project, with limited input from those of us outside of IT.)

I have a discussion coming up with IT next week to talk about the wisdom (or lack thereof) of this approach and would appreciate any information/opinions you are willing to pass along.

Thanks in advance. I know there are people with a lot of experience and expertise in this area and I appreciate your willingness to share your wealth of knowledge.

Cheers
Suzanne Mrozak

Director | Global Information and Records Management
Genzyme Corporation | 500 Kendall Street Cambridge, MA 02142 | 617-768-6549